This is how physiotherapy works for now!
March 22nd, 2020
Feeling the need to do our part to stop the spread of Covid-19 with social distancing, and in keeping with our newest provincial directive, we have made the tough decision to suspend face-to-face services starting Monday, March 23rd for both the Kentville and Wolfville Clinics. This is a difficult and emotional decision, but it needs to be made to ensure we all make the effort to help each other. We will remain optimistic that this will be a brief interruption of service and are booking appointments for April 6th.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions and if you feel your health will decline while away from the clinic during this period of time, please contact us (see below for details). The therapists can be available for virtual appointments via phone, email or video conferencing.*
Hope to see you soon,
For the staff of Julie Skaling Physiotherapy Clinic
Phone: (902) 678-3422
Fax: (902) 679-1738
Phone: (902) 542-7074
Fax: (902) 542-1260
* Virtual appointments, with your permission, may be billed to your private medical insurance
company or to a third-party payer (WCB, Veterans Affairs, RCMP or Motor Vehicle Insurance).
March 15th, 2020
To the patients of Julie Skaling Physiotherapy Clinic,
We wanted to update everyone on our operations during the ever changing Covid-19 outbreak to assure everyone that we are taking the necessary precautions to keep our patients, staff and the communities we treat safe.
The safety of our patients and staff is paramount so to ensure we are helping reduce the spread of the virus:
• We are continuing our normal practice of spraying down all massage and physiotherapy beds with a germicide spray and washing any sheets that come in contact with patients after each treatment.
• Staff and patients are strongly encouraged to practice good hand hygiene by washing hands frequently and for 20 seconds each time.
• All books and toys have been removed from the waiting room until it is considered safe to have them out again.
• Some chairs have been removed from the waiting room to allow for more space between patients waiting for their appointments to adhere to social distancing practices.
• All common touch areas (doorknobs, light switches, waiting room chairs, gym equipment, pens, phones, computers, copiers, debit machine, etc.) will be wiped down and sanitized on a regular schedule to help minimize everyone’s exposure to germs.
• Hand sanitizer is available for use at our front desk and throughout the clinic.
We are currently still operating with our usual hours of operation until we hear otherwise from Nova Scotia Health officials.
As per Health Canada’s guidelines:
- Anyone who has returned from international travel is required to self quarantine for 14 days.
- If you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any symptoms such as, fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc. we ask that you please stay home until you are well.
If you are unable to make it to your appointment for the reasons mentioned above, please contact our clinics at 678-3422 (Kentville) and 542-7074 (Wolfville) and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment for two weeks from now.
Thank you and stay safe,
Julie Skaling Physiotherapy Clinic
Julie Skaling Physiotherapy Clinic is committed to a very high standard of professionalism and care when it comes to your health and well-being. We are focused on restoring function, preventing injury, and enhancing your performance. Our dedicated interdisciplinary team of physiotherapy, massage therapy, occupational therapy, and support staff work closely to provide an effective, coordinated response to your needs. We are committed to making sure you feel welcome, comfortable, and unhurried, with our personalized service.
Modalities include arthritis/chronic pain management, industrial/workplace health, palliative care, sports injury, and many more…
Julie Skaling Physiotherapy Clinic has 21 employees which include physiotherapists, massage therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapy assistants, and admin staff.